Navigation

December 22, 2013

Vacation Mode!


Whelp, Scentsibles is officially in vacation mode till the new year! I will be opening it back up some time between Jan 7th and Jan 11th. This is because I will be TRAVELING!!!!

So excited to be spending the Christmas holiday in Paris, France with my father and younger sister! Just went to Macy's last night (which was hella busy at 1:30am) to buy gifts for them. I got a lovely silky black stripped tie and pin for my father (might get some pistachios and his favorite soap as well), then I went to M.A.C. and got some tinted lip glosses for my sister.  I also made her a custom bracelet from my other shop KnottyNY. 

The only thing I am a little bummed about, is not being able to book a direct flight. I will have 2 layovers there and back (and one is overnight ugh)! Not only am I nervous about flying since 9/11, I have extremely sensitive ears. No matter how much gum I chew, no matter how many times I yawn or do all the tricks in the book, I still get tons of pressure in my right ear when we are changing altitudes.  My ears pop over and over again and the more it happens the more painful it gets. Once, on a trip to Canada, my right ear popped so many times that I was temporarily deaf in that ear for a few hours after I got off the plane. 

My older sister suggests that I get a small prescription of Valium or something to help. However, I am not a fan of any kind of drug in my body, especially when I don't know all of the possible side effects. I think I am just going to have to tough it out. Which most probably means a sleepless night before flying in hopes that I can sleep the whole way through... But the pain in my ears let me know when we are descending before the pilot even announces it. 

So that'll be about 11 hours of exhaustion and a tiny bit of misery, but then 2 weeks of pure awesomeness in FRANCE! *screams* Wish me luck yall! Hope you all have a great holiday and New Year!

Allyson Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment